Monday, June 4, 2012

Custom Gypsy Bandana Quilt

I get very excited when someone orders a custom quilt from me! I love opportunities to bring someone's vision to life. Especially with something as unique and long lasting as a quilt.

Last week a customer reached out, inquiring about a quilt I had done that was for sale in my shop (Gypsy Bandana Patch Quilt). She wanted the same style and same fabric line, but in different colors. I nearly jumped out of my chair when I read the email! Michael Miller's Gypsy Bandana line of fabric has got to be my most favorite right now. I stumbled upon it a a quilting show a while ago and fell in love. I bought a bunch of fat quarters knowing already what style I had in store for that fabric.

The simple patch and framed squares with the accenting white really showcases the bold colors and patterns of this particular line of fabric. I have done two quilts in this style so far and they seem to get a lot of recognition on my site.

So here I go with my third version of this quilt. The customer requested the pink and lime green fabric in this line. It is going to be a special gift for her grand baby who is due to arrive in October. I received some of the fabric today and already have the squares cut and ready to go. I am awaiting the arrival of the white fabric, batting and backing. This quilt is going to be GORGEOUS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment