Monday, June 11, 2012

Scrap Projects

Two things I am constantly doing is browsing sewing blogs and trying to figure out what to do with all my scrap fabric. Yes, I could put together some mismatched crazy quilt, but that really isn't my style. So, thanks to Pinterest, my favorite place to pin sewing ideas, I came across some headband tutorials today. I read through three of them and they were horrible. The patterns were not very good and the quality of sewing shown in the photos, was just as bad. One of them had the raw elastic showing on the bottom, yuck. I have this thing with raw edges and seams showing, it doesn't make for a quality product.

As I studied some of the patterns, I realized what a super easy project this was and how little fabric it was going to take. My own pattern popped into my head and I ran out to my studio to write down my notes.

I have so much great fabric leftover from my handbags and quilts, this is going to be the perfect way to make use of it. I busted out this cutie in about 20 minutes. I even covered the elastic, so the design looks cohesive.


The other great thing is they are one size fits all. This adorable headband fit both my 5 year old daughter and myself! These are going to be a great little item to have at the craft fair and fun giveaways in my shop! Stay tuned for the tutorial...

No comments:

Post a Comment