Thursday, April 26, 2012

Quilt & Stitch Along - Getting Started

I am getting myself prepared to participate in the Clover & Violet Quilt & Stitch Along. I am 3 blocks behind because I just discovered it, but hoping to get caught up soon. Made it to Joann's today to pick out the fabric for my blocks and to stock up on some embroidery threads.

Because it is a garden themed quilt, I decided to go with all yellow and green fabrics. A white center block will showcase the embroidery. I have only dabbled in embroidery and it was quite some time ago, so we will see how it goes. I am looking forward to getting into this. It will be nice to have a hobby that travels. My sewing machine and tools don't quite fit into a small bag so I can't quilt while on vacation! I am envious of my crocheting friends who can travel with their crafts.

Fortunately the quilt along group is only on Block 3 and Block 4 hasn't been announced yet. So I hope to have the first block completed by next week so I don't get too far behind!



No comments:

Post a Comment