Thursday, July 5, 2012

Custom Gypsy Bandana Quilt - Final

Last month I posted about the custom quilt order I received. You can read it here. Well, it has been completed and sent off to the client. The quilt turned out completely gorgeous! The Gypsy Bandana line from Michael Miller is a beautiful line of fabrics and the lime green and pink versions are such eye candy.

The quilt is done in a simple patch style with framed squares and large squares. A white fabric is used in the sashing, backing and binding to showcase the colors of the fabrics and really make them pop. I pieced the backing with squares of the same fabric and used a super soft white flannel. It is free motion quilted in a large looping pattern.

This quilt is a gift for the clients daughter who is expecting her first baby soon. I shipped the quilt out on Monday afternoon and the client received it today. I received a glowing email from her expressing her thanks and how much she loved the quilt. It truly made me smile inside and out knowing that I made someone happy with something I created for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment